Table of Contents:
Introduction to Dataedo
Switch to the documentation for Dataedo 8.x (current).
Dataedo is a powerful database documentation tool for SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL. It enables you to create Data Dictionaries (description of all data elements), creates Entity Relationship Diagrams or documents stored procedures and functions in your databases.
It is a Windows application that connects to existing databases and imports schema, then enables users to provide descriptions and export documentation to PDF, HTML or Excel.
- Documented databases - databases that you want to document
- Dataedo Editor - program that enables importing, describing and exporting
- Repository - this is where all documentation is stored (learn about Dataedo repository)
- Exports - exported documentation
Key process of documenting database with Dataedo looks like this:
- Import schema from database
- Describe database elements
- Export documentation (to PDF or HTML) (optional:)
- Update documentation when database schema changed
- Go to 2