Table of Contents:
License keys in Dataedo
Switch to the documentation for Dataedo 8.x (current).
What editions are available?
There are three editions:
What is a license key?
The license key is a set of 256 characters (in 8 lines) provided for license holders and trial users. You enter this key into Dataedo editor or Administration Console.
- can be used by a defined number of users (one or more)
- has one edition and type, e.g. Dataedo 5 Pro Perpetual or Dataedo Standard - 1 Year.
- has one holder assigned - this is usually a name of the business that purchased a license.
Key has a form of 8 lines of 32 letters:
Perpetual vs time constrained license keys
Each edition comes with perpetual license and 1 year license. Perpetual license is perpetual and a user has right to all the updates only for a major version (5.x for instance).
What is a trial key?
Trial key works like a Pro key, but it is valid for 30 days and some features contain 'Trial' watermark.
Where is license key stored?
License key may be stored in two locations:
- On your workstation, tied to your installation - this location is used when working with file repositories.
- In a repository - if you connect to a server repositories you are using license key saved in a repository. The key saved in your workstation is ignored.
It is possible (and acceptable) to use different keys in every repository.