Table of Contents:
Custom tables and columns in repository
Switch to the documentation for Dataedo 7.x (current).
Dataedo repository is shipped with a number of predefined tables and columns. However, you can add your own custom tables and columns to the repository database.
Custom elements you can add to our repository:
- Columns to existing tables
- User defined functions
- Stored procedures
Adding columns to existing tables
When you add custom columns to our existing tables please make sure that they either:
- Are nullable or
- Have defined default value
Each element you add to the database MUST conform to the following simple naming convention - its name must start with "_".
- Custom table: dbo._my_table
- Custom column in existing table: dbo.modules._my_column
Changing existing schema
It is not allowed to change any of the following:
- Names of existing tables, columns (and other elements)
- Data types of existing columns
- Constraints of existing tables and columns
or add to existing tables: