Table of Contents:
File vs server repository
Switch to the documentation for Dataedo 9.x (current).
Dataedo server repository is a predefined SQL Server database. It is a regular database created by Dataedo to store metadata, consiting mostly of tables.
Choose server repository
- Whenever you can
- If you work in multi-user environment
- If you have access to an SQL Server instance (you may use free SQL Server Express edition)
Server repository is the recommended option
File repository is a SQL Server Compact database that is stored as a file on your disk. It has almost identical schema as server repository.
Differences from server
- No authentication
- No support for concurrent work
- Slow performance using in network environment
Choose file repository if
- You're evaluating Dataedo and can't or don't want create a repository database
- You don't have access to an SQL Server instance
It is possible to migrate from file to server with a little effort.