Adding objects to ERD from navigation tree
Previously, to add an object to ERD you've had to use the object list on the right side of the screen. This could be cumbersome, especially when you've wanted to add objects from different documentations.
Now you can just drag any object you want to add from the navigation tree on the left side of the screen.
You can also drag entire branches to an ERD, eg. drag an entire module to the ERD to add all the tables and views included in it.
Adding objects from a different documentation to ERD
In Dataedo 6 it was possible to add objects from different documentaions to an ERD only if they had relations to existing objects.
Now you can add any object from any documentation to an ERD using the drag & drop feature described above.
- Import from Oracle now uses DBA_ views instead of ALL_ views when user has SELECT ANY DICTIONARY privilege
- Repository connection errors now have better descriptions
- Improved loading speed for ERD object list
- Improved loading speed for object lists in the documentation tree
- Changed list presentation in rich text fields to make it more in line with Editor
- Fixed multiple issues with import from SQL Server instances with case sensitive collations
- Right clicking empty space in documentation tree no longer unselects current objects, which solves multiple issues
- Triggers deleted from source database are now properly greyed out
- Edit relation button is now only displayed when there is a relation to edit
- Fixed an issue caused by editing multiple custom fields from documentation tree object list
- Fixed an issue with exporting HTML when having a single database imported multiple times in the same repository