Dataedo HTML is static, offline export of documentation to interactive HTML document that can be hosted on any web server or shared in a folder.
- Static – once exported it does not change its content. To update it you need to regenerate it.
- Offline – it is not connected to Dataedo repository and it can be hosted/shared anywhere.
- Interactive – it is searchable and easy to navigate with hyperlinks.
Dataedo HTML is generated with Dataedo Desktop.
There are two versions of Dataedo HTML:
- Dataedo HTML Basic
- Dataedo HTML Plus
Can be generated with Desktop with Dataedo Pro or Dataedo Enterprise.
Access to HTML Basic is free for everyone.
HTML Basic includes:
- Data Dictionary – tables/columns
- Table Relationships
- Primary/unique keys
- Subject Areas / Modules
- ER Diagrams
- Descriptions, titles, custom fields
- Procedures, functions, triggers and scripts
Can be generated with Desktop with Dataedo Enterprise.
Access to HTML Plus requires Enterprise Viewer or Enterprise license for everyone that accesses it. There is no license control built into it and it’s based on declarations.
HTML Plus Includes:
- Everything included in HTML Basic,
- Data Classification,
- Business Glossary.
Dataedo HTML can be shared/hosted in the following ways:
- Web servers, such as IIS, Apache HTTP Server
- Cloud hosting: AWS S3, Azure Storage
- Shared/Local folder
There is no access control build into Dataedo HTML and it needs to be implemented using additional technologies (such as built into web server).