You can share documentation in Dataedo in a number of ways:
- Web Catalog - interactive portal, requires licenses for users,
- HTML - self hosted HTML documentation, free access to basic documentation, paid full version,
- Sharing on SharePoint or Confluence - embedding HTML
- PDF export - free access,
- Excel export - free access,
- Database comments - exporting comments to the database schema.
Publishing in Web Catalog
Documentation can be shared in Web Catalog - interactive, self-hosted web portal. Access to Web Catalog is licensed.
Publishing in HTML on web server
Documentation can also be shared in self-hosted HTML data documentation - HTML.
There are two versions of HTML:
- HTML Basic - incluides data dictionary, modules and diagrams - access is free
- HTML Plus - incluides HTML Basic and data dictionary - requireds Enterprise Viewer license
Publishing documentation on SharePoint
You can publish Dataedo documentation on SharePoint by embedding a shared documentation as web part.
Publishing documentation on Confluence
You can publish Dataedo documentation on Confluence by embedding a shared documentation.
Dataedo offers exporting documentation to PDF document.
Access to PDF is free.
Dataedo allows you to export documentation to Excel spreadsheet.
Exporting comments to the database schema
Some tools (BI, for instance) read comments from the schema. Dataedo allows exporting descriptions back to schema being documented. This is supported only for selected connectors.