Table of Contents:
License keys in Dataedo
What editions are available?
There are following editions:
- Pro Plus
What is a license key?
The license key is a set of 256 characters (in 8 lines) provided for license holders and trial users. You can enter this key into Dataedo editor or Administration Console.
- can be used by a specified number of users (one or more)
- has an edition specified e.g. Dataedo Pro Subscription
- has an end date by which it will stop working (usually one year from purchase)
- has one holder assigned - usually a name of the business that purchased the license.
Key has a form of 8 lines of 32 letters:
What is a trial key?
Trial key unlocks the same features as a Pro key, but it is valid for 30 days and contains 'Trial' watermark in the exported files.
Where is license key stored?
License key may be stored in two locations:
- On your workstation, tied to your installation - this location is used when working with file repositories.
- In a repository - if you connect to a server repositories you are using license key saved in a repository. The key saved in your workstation is ignored.
You can use different keys in different repositories.