Schema and Metadata
All documented database objects are stored in Dataedo repository.
Distinct database documentations are stored in databases table which holds their title and DBMS connection details.
Tables, views, columns, procedures, functions and parameters can be in one of two states identified by status column:
- active ('A')- object exists in source database or
- deleted ('B') - object has been deleted from source database. It is still visible in Dataedo Editor but is not included in exported documentation.
When object gets deleted with editor it gets physically deleted from Dataedo tables. There is no way to undelete it.
Standard metadata columns
Every table has following metadata columns that describe who and when created and last updated data in repository:
- creation_date - timestamp of row's creation in Dataedo repository
- created_by - Dataedo user name that created the row in Dataedo repository
- last_modification_date - timestamp of row's last update in Dataedo repository
- modified_by - Dataedo user name that last updated the row in Dataedo repository
DBMS import columns
Tables, views, procedures and functions have following metadata columns that facilitate change tracking and database schema updates:
- dbms_creation_date - timestamp of object creation in source database
- dbms_last_modification_date - timestamp of last object modification in source database
- synchronization_date - timestamp of last object update/import from source database
- synchronized_by - name of user that last updated/imported object from source database
Objects representing data stuctures (tables, columns, relations etc) can have following sources identified by source column:
- 'DBMS' - object was imported from database schema,
- 'USER' - object was created by user in repository with Dataedo Editor and does not exist in database schema.
|5||dbo.procedures (Procedures and Functions)||Schema||Active|
|7||dbo.tables (Tables and Views)||Schema||Active|
|9||dbo.tables_relations (Table relationships)||Schema||Active|
|10||dbo.tables_relations_columns (Tables relations' columns)||Schema||Active|
|12||dbo.unique_constraints (Unique keys)||Schema||Active|
|13||dbo.unique_constraints_columns (Unique keys' columns)||Schema||Active|