Query below list objects where specific table or view is used.
select schema_name(o.schema_id) + '.' + o.name as [table], 'is used by' as ref, schema_name(ref_o.schema_id) + '.' + ref_o.name as [object], ref_o.type_desc as object_type from sys.objects o join sys.sql_expression_dependencies dep on o.object_id = dep.referenced_id join sys.objects ref_o on dep.referencing_id = ref_o.object_id where o.type in ('V', 'U') and schema_name(o.schema_id) = 'Person' -- put schema name here and o.name = 'Person' -- put table/view name here order by [object]
- table - provided table/view schema name and name
- ref - string 'is used by'
- object - name of object with schema name which use specific procedure
- object_type - type of found object
- One row represents one object
- Scope of rows: all objects that are using provided table/view
- Ordered by schema name, object name
List of objects that are using Person.Person table in AdventureWorks2017 database.