This query returns columns in all databases (schemas) ordered by their name length.
select col.column_name, char_length(col.column_name) as column_name_length, col.table_schema as database_name, col.table_name from information_schema.tables as tab inner join information_schema.columns as col on col.table_schema = tab.table_schema and col.table_name = tab.table_name where tab.table_type = 'BASE TABLE' -- and tab.table_schema = 'your database name' order by char_length(col.column_name) desc, col.column_name;
Note: if you need the information for a specific database (schema), then uncomment the table_schema line and provide your database name.
- column_name - name of the column
- column_name_length - length of the column name
- table_schema - name of the database (schema)
- table_name - name of the table
- One row: represents one column of each table in a database (schema)
- Scope of rows: each column that exists in a database (schema)
- Ordered by: length shown in descending order - from longest to shortest