The query below lists all tables that do not have foreign keys.
select tab.table_schema as database_name, tab.table_name, '>- no FKs' as foreign_keys from information_schema.tables tab left join information_schema.table_constraints fks on fks.table_schema = tab.table_schema and fks.table_name = tab.table_name and fks.constraint_type = 'FOREIGN KEY' where tab.table_type = 'BASE TABLE' and tab.table_schema not in ('mysql', 'information_schema', 'performance_schema', 'sys') and fks.table_name is null -- and tab.table_schema = 'your database name' order by tab.table_schema, tab.table_name;
Note: if you need the information for a specific database (schema), then uncomment the table_schema line and provide your database name.
- database_name - name of the database (schema)
- table_name - name of the table
- foreign_keys - symbol indicating the lack of FKs
- One row: represents one table that does not have a foreign key
- Scope of rows: all tables in a database (schema) that do not have foreign keys (do not refer to other tables)
- Ordered by: table name