Query below list objects where specific function is used.
select schema_name(o.schema_id) + '.' + o.name as [function], 'is used by' as ref, schema_name(ref_o.schema_id) + '.' + ref_o.name as [object], ref_o.type_desc as object_type from sys.objects o join sys.sql_expression_dependencies dep on o.object_id = dep.referenced_id join sys.objects ref_o on dep.referencing_id = ref_o.object_id where o.type in ('FN', 'TF', 'IF') and schema_name(o.schema_id) = 'dbo' -- put schema name here and o.name = 'ufnLeadingZeros' -- put function name here order by [object];
- function - provided function schema name and name
- ref - string 'is used by'
- object - name of object with schema name which use specific function
- object_type - type of found object
- One row represents one object
- Scope of rows: all objects that are using provided function
- Ordered by found object schema name and name
List of objects that are using dbo.ufnLeadingZeros function in AdventureWorks2017 database.