Query below returns all columns from a speficic table in SQL Server database.
select col.column_id as id, col.name, t.name as data_type, col.max_length, col.precision, col.is_nullable from sys.tables as tab inner join sys.columns as col on tab.object_id = col.object_id left join sys.types as t on col.user_type_id = t.user_type_id where tab.name = 'Table name' -- enter table name here -- and schema_name(tab.schema_id) = 'Schema name' order by tab.name, column_id;
- please edit condition and type in your table name
- you can also uncomment schema condition and provide your table schema name to further filter tables (in case tables in different schemas have same name).
- id - column position in table, starting at 1
- name - column name
- data_type - column data type
- max_length - data type max length
- precision - data type precision
- is_nullable - flag if column is nullable:
- 0 - not nullable (doesn't allow nulls)
- 1 - nullable (allows nulls)
- One row represents one column in a table
- Scope of rows: all columns in speficic table
- Ordered by column id (position in table)
Columns in Product table in AdventureWorks database.
You could also get this
Get this interactive HTML data dictionary in minutes with Dataedo.