Query below returns all columns from a speficic table in SQL Server database.
select col.column_id as id, col.name, t.name as data_type, col.max_length, col.precision, col.is_nullable from sys.tables as tab inner join sys.columns as col on tab.object_id = col.object_id left join sys.types as t on col.user_type_id = t.user_type_id where tab.name = 'Table name' -- enter table name here -- and schema_name(tab.schema_id) = 'Schema name' order by tab.name, column_id;
- please edit condition and type in your table name
- you can also uncomment schema condition and provide your table schema name to further filter tables (in case tables in different schemas have same name).
- id - column position in table, starting at 1
- name - column name
- data_type - column data type
- max_length - data type max length
- precision - data type precision
- is_nullable - flag if column is nullable:
- 0 - not nullable (doesn't allow nulls)
- 1 - nullable (allows nulls)
- One row represents one column in a table
- Scope of rows: all columns in speficic table
- Ordered by column id (position in table)
Columns in Product table in AdventureWorks database.
You could also get this
Get this interactive HTML data dictionary in minutes with Dataedo.
See live HTML data dictionary sample