Query below lists databases on SQL Server instance.
select [name] as database_name, database_id, create_date from sys.databases order by name
- database_name - database name
- database_id - databalase id, unique within an instance of SQL Server
- created_date - date the database was created or renamed
- One row represents one database
- Scope of rows: all databases on SQL Server instance, including system databases
- Ordered by database name
View of databases in SSMS. Blue rectangle selects system databases.