Query below lists databases on PostgresSQL instance.
select oid as database_id, datname as database_name, datallowconn as allow_connect, datconnlimit as connection_limit from pg_database order by oid;
- database_id - databalase id, unique within an instance of PostgreSQL
- database_name - database name
- allow_connect - indicate if anybody can connect to database
- connection_limit - shows maximum number of concurrent connections to database (-1 means no limit)
- One row represents one database
- Scope of rows: all databases on PostgreSQL instance, including system databases
- Ordered by database id
View of databases in pgAdmin. Blue rectangle shows databases.