Query below lists user schemas in SQL Server database, excluding default db_* , sys, information_schema and guest schemas.
If you want to list all schemas use this script.
select s.name as schema_name, s.schema_id, u.name as schema_owner from sys.schemas s inner join sys.sysusers u on u.uid = s.principal_id where u.issqluser = 1 and u.name not in ('sys', 'guest', 'INFORMATION_SCHEMA')
- schema_name - schema name
- schema_id - schema id, unique within the database
- schema_owner - principal that owns this schema
- One row represents one schema in a database
- Scope of rows: all schemas in a database, excluding default db_* , sys, information_schema and guest schemas
- Ordered by schema name