Large objects in IBM Db2 are columns with following data types: BLOB, CLOB, or DBCLOB. In a Unicode database, NCLOB can be used as a synonym for DBCLOB.
Query below lists all columns with LOB data types.
select c.tabschema as schema_name, c.tabname as table_name, c.colname as column_name, c.typename as data_type from syscat.columns c inner join syscat.tables t on t.tabschema = c.tabschema and t.tabname = c.tabname where t.type = 'T' and t.tabschema not like 'SYS%' and typename in ('BLOB', 'CLOB', 'DBCLOB') order by c.tabschema, c.tabname, c.colname;
- schema_name - schema name
- table_name - table name
- column_name - column name
- data_type - data type
- One row represents one column with LOB data type
- Scope of rows: all rows containing LOB data types in current database
- Ordered by schema name, table name and column name
List of LOB columns in database: