Query below lists all table columns in a database.
Select c.tabschema as schema_name, c.tabname as table_name, c.colname as column_name, c.colno as position, c.typename as data_type, c.length, c.scale, c.remarks as description, case when c.nulls = 'Y' then 1 else 0 end as nullable, default as default_value, case when c.identity ='Y' then 1 else 0 end as is_identity, case when c.generated ='' then 0 else 1 end as is_computed, c.text as computed_formula from syscat.columns c inner join syscat.tables t on t.tabschema = c.tabschema and t.tabname = c.tabname where t.type = 'T' order by schema_name, table_name
- schema_name - schema name
- view_name - table name
- column_name - column name
- position - number of this column in the table (starting with 0)
- data_type - name of the data typ
- length - maximum length of the data; 0 for distinct types.
- scale -
- scale if the column type is DECIMAL,
- number of digits of fractional seconds if the column type is TIMESTAMP,
- 0 otherwise
- description - description of column
- nullable - nullability attribute for the column
- is_identity - identity attribute for the column
- is_computed - computed (generated) attribute for the column
- computed_formula - the text of the computed column expression
- One row represents one table column
- Scope of rows: all columns in all tables in a database
- Ordered by schema, table name, column id
You could also get this
Get this interactive HTML data dictionary in minutes with Dataedo.
See live HTML data dictionary sample