Query below list ten largest tables in database.
select top 10 schema_name(tab.schema_id) + '.' + tab.name as [table], cast(sum(spc.used_pages * 8)/1024.00 as numeric(36, 2)) as used_mb, cast(sum(spc.total_pages * 8)/1024.00 as numeric(36, 2)) as allocated_mb from sys.tables tab join sys.indexes ind on tab.object_id = ind.object_id join sys.partitions part on ind.object_id = part.object_id and ind.index_id = part.index_id join sys.allocation_units spc on part.partition_id = spc.container_id group by schema_name(tab.schema_id) + '.' + tab.name order by sum(spc.used_pages) desc;
- table - table name with schema name
- used_mb - size of space actually in use by table in MB
- allocated_mb - size of allocated or reserved space by this table in MB
- One row represents one table
- Scope of rows: ten tables which uses most space
- Ordered by actually used space