Query below lists all tables refrenced with foregin key by specific table.
select distinct fk_tco.table_schema || '.' || fk_tco.table_name as foreign_table, '>-' as rel, pk_tco.table_schema || '.' || pk_tco.table_name as primary_table from information_schema.referential_constraints rco join information_schema.table_constraints fk_tco on rco.constraint_name = fk_tco.constraint_name and rco.constraint_schema = fk_tco.table_schema join information_schema.table_constraints pk_tco on rco.unique_constraint_name = pk_tco.constraint_name and rco.unique_constraint_schema = pk_tco.table_schema where fk_tco.table_name = 'sales2' -- enter table name here --and fk_tco.table_schema = 'schema_name' order by foreign_table;
- foreign_table - foreign table name with schema name - the table you provided as a parameter
- rel - relationship symbol implicating FK and direction
- primary_table - primary (rerefenced) tables names with schema name - the tables you are looking for
- One row represents one referenced table
- Scope of rows: all tables referenced by table with provided name (and optionally schema)
- Ordered by referenced table schema and name
All tables referenced with FK by public.sales2 table in out test database.