This query returns list of tables in a database with their number of rows.
select schema_name(tab.schema_id) + '.' + tab.name as [table], sum(part.rows) as [rows] from sys.tables tab inner join sys.partitions part on tab.object_id = part.object_id where part.index_id IN (1, 0) -- 0 - table without PK, 1 table with PK group by schema_name(tab.schema_id) + '.' + tab.name order by sum(part.rows) desc
- table - table name with schema name
- rows - number of rows in a table
- One row represents one table
- Scope of rows: all tables in a database including tables without rows
- Ordered by number of rows descending, from largest to smallest (in terms of number of rows)
Tables by number of rows in our SSRS repository: