Query below returns tables in a database with space they use ordered from the ones using most.
select schema_name(tab.schema_id) + '.' + tab.name as [table], cast(sum(spc.used_pages * 8)/1024.00 as numeric(36, 2)) as used_mb, cast(sum(spc.total_pages * 8)/1024.00 as numeric(36, 2)) as allocated_mb from sys.tables tab inner join sys.indexes ind on tab.object_id = ind.object_id inner join sys.partitions part on ind.object_id = part.object_id and ind.index_id = part.index_id inner join sys.allocation_units spc on part.partition_id = spc.container_id group by schema_name(tab.schema_id) + '.' + tab.name order by sum(spc.used_pages) desc
- table - table name with schema name
- used_mb - space used in MB
- allocated_mb - space allocated in MB
- One row represents one table in a database
- Scope of rows: all tables in a database
- Ordered by table used size, from largest to smallest
Tables in AdventureWorks ordered from the ones using most space to least.