Query below finds tables with specific name in all schemas in a database. In this case it searches for 'sales' table.
select table_schema, table_name from information_schema.tables where table_name = 'sales' and table_schema not in ('information_schema', 'pg_catalog') and table_type = 'BASE TABLE' order by table_schema;
- table_schema - name of schema table was found in
- table_name - name of table (redundant as it should be exactly the same as provided)
- One row represents a table
- Scope of rows: all found tables
- Ordered by table schema
- There migh be more tables than one because different schemas in a database can have tables with the same names