The queries below find tables with a specific name in a database (schema).
select table_schema as database_name, table_name from information_schema.tables where table_type = 'BASE TABLE' and table_name = 'your table name' order by table_schema, table_name;
- database_name - name of the database (schema) where the table was found
- table_name - name of table (redundant as it should be exactly the same as provided)
- One row: represents a table
- Scope of rows: all tables found
- Ordered by: database (schema) name
- There might be more than one table because different databases (schemas) could contain tables with the same names