Query below lists tables which are refering with foregin key to specific table provided in query.
SELECT DISTINCT ChildDB || '.' || ChildTable AS ForeignTable, '>-' AS Rel, ParentDB || '.' || ParentTable AS PrimaryTable FROM DBC.All_RI_ChildrenV WHERE ParentTable = 'employees' --AND ParentDB = 'database_name' ORDER BY ForeignTable;
- ForeignTable - referencing table name with database name - table we look for
- Rel - relationship symbol implicating FK and direction
- PrimaryTable - referenced table name preceded by database name - table provided in condition statement
- One row represents referenced table
- Scope of rows: tables referencing to table with provided name (and optionally database)
- Ordered by database name and name of referencing table
Tables referencing to Sales.employees table with FK.