This query allows to find all tables which are referencing to specific table.
select distinct table_schema || '.' || table_name as fk_table_name, '>-' as rel, reference_table_schema || '.' || reference_table_name as primary_table from v_catalog.foreign_keys where reference_table_name = 'product_dimension' -- and reference_table_schema = 'schema_name' order by fk_table_name;
- foreign_table - table schema followed by table name - table we look for
- ref - relationship symbol implicating FK and direction
- primary_table - primary table name with schema name - table provided as a parameter
- One row represents one referencing table
- Scope of rows: all tables referencing table with provided name (and optionally schema)
- Ordered by referencing table schema and name
Tables that refers to public.product_dimension table with FK in VMart database .