The query below lists all tables that reference a specific table with foreign keys.
select distinct concat(table_schema, '.', table_name) as foreign_table, '>-' as rel, concat(referenced_table_schema, '.', referenced_table_name) as primary_table from information_schema.key_column_usage where referenced_table_name = 'table name' -- provide table name here -- and table_schema = 'database name' order by foreign_table;
- foreign_table - foreign table names - the tables you are looking for
- rel - relationship symbol implicating FK and direction
- primary_table - primary (referenced) table name - the table you provided as a parameter
- One row: represents one referencing table
- Scope of rows: all referencing tables with the provided name
- Ordered by: referencing table name
All referencing tables with FK for the address table in the sakila database (schema).