This query lets you find out most popular column names.
select column_name, count(*) as tables, round(100 * count(*) / t.alltables,2) as percent_tables from v_catalog.columns c join (select count(*) as alltables from v_catalog.tables ) t on 1=1 group by column_name, t.alltables order by tables desc;
- column_name - column name
- tables - number of tables that have particular column name
- percent_tables - percentage of tables with column with that name
- One row represents particular column name (each name appears only once)
- Scope of rows: all colum names that appear at least twice (in two tables)
- Ordered by the most popular first
Below is a list of most popular column names in VMart database.