Query below returns list of users in current database.
select usesysid as user_id, usename as username, usesuper as is_superuser, passwd as password_md5, valuntil as password_expiration from pg_shadow order by usename;
- user_id - id of the user
- usename - user name
- is_superuser - flag if user have superuser privileges
- password_md5 - hashed password encoded with md5 algorithm
- password_expiration - date of user password expiration
- One row represents one user in the database
- Scope of rows: all users in the database
- Ordered by user name
Those results show that there are 4 users in current database.
You can vew database users using pgAdmin. Expand Login/Group Roles branch in Browser window. This option shows also roles.