In this article I will show you how to find table by name in Toad for SQL Server tool.
Option 1: Using Find tool
Use Find option - you can find it in main menu Tools -> Findor press F4 key.
New opened window (Object Search) consists of multiple sections.
- In the Database section choose in which databases you want to search for a table.
- In Object types uncheck all except Tables (Right click -> Uncheck All to fast uncheck all).
- In the Conditions section, you can change search predicate. Uncheck all checkboxes in Deeper search section.
- Finally provide text to search in textbox and click on Search button (or Append to add new search results to current results).
Option 2: Using Object Explorer
To open Object Explorer navigate to View -> Object Explorer or press F8 key. In the opened window choose:
- switch to Tables tab
- provide a string to search for in Object Explorer filter section.
You can use more advanced filtering options by clicking on the funnel icon next to search box.