Query below returns distribution of column name lengths (number of characters).
select length(c.colname) as column_name_length, count(*) as columns, count(distinct c.tabschema concat '.' concat c.tabname) as tables from syscat.columns c inner join syscat.tables t on t.tabschema = c.tabschema and t.tabname = c.tabname where t.type = 'T' and t.tabschema not like 'SYS%' group by length(c.colname) order by length(c.colname);
- column_name_length - lenght in characters of column name
- columns - number of columns with this length
- tables - number of tables that have columns with this name length
- One row represents one name lenght (number of characters)
- Scope of rows: each column length that exists in a database
- Ordered by length ascending (from 1 to max)