Query below returns distribution of column name lengths (number of characters).
select length(c.column_name) as column_name_length, count(*) as columns, count(distinct t.table_schema || '.' || t.table_name) as tables from information_schema.tables t inner join information_schema.columns c on c.table_schema = t.table_schema and c.table_name = t.table_name where table_type = 'BASE TABLE' group by length(c.column_name) order by length(c.column_name);
- column_name_length - lenght in characters of column name
- columns - number of columns with this length
- tables - number of tables that have columns with this name length
- One row represents one name lenght (number of characters)
- Scope of rows: each column length that exists in a database
- Ordered by length ascending (from 1 to max)