Usage tracking is our custom solution for Product Analytics.
In short, when a user uses some of Dataedo's features, we send tracking events to our API and store them in our database for analytics purposes.
What data is tracked?
For better understanding - we are sending events like
ConnectorSelected. Based on the event we are adding different properties to them, but we never collect nor send any sensitive data.
Properties which we add to some of the events:
- Dataedo and repository versions
- license identification
- user's OS with version and graphic settings
- user's IP
- basic information about the connection (selected connector and DB version)
- used features
- feature performance metrics (for instance, the time needed to load)
Data is saved in our database and analyzed by our custom software, so there is no danger of any 3rd party accessing even that data.
Why are we tracking it?
There are two main purposes why we are tracking usage:
- It helps us make product decisions.
- It helps us understand which features are heavily used and need technical optimizations.
- It gives us a hint regarding any problems in Dataedo.
How to disable usage tracking?
To disable usage tracking, edit your DataedoConnectionInfo file located in
%AppData%\Dataedo 10, and change the following setting to
<user_settings> ... <disable_tracking>True</disable_tracking> ... </user_settings>
We are not tracking usage in Web Catalog yet.