Connecting to Amazon Redshift
To connect to Amazon Redshift create new documentation by clicking Add documentation and choosing Database connection.
On the connection screen choose Amazon Redshift as DBMS.
Provide database connection details:
- Host - provide a address of redshift endpoint,
- Port - change the default port of Amazon Redshift instance if required,
- User - provide username of user (either root or IAM) that has access to Redshift database,
- Password - provide password for given username,
- SSL mode:
- Disable - don't use SSL,
- Require - conect with SSL. If server doesn't support SSL connection won't be established,
- Database - type in database name.
You can find most of connection details in AWS Console -> Redshift Cluster options in Endpoint field.
In endpoint URL you can find following connection details:
You can save password for later connections by checking Save password option. Password are saved in the repository database.
Confirm list of objects to import by clicking Next.
Next screen with allow you to change default name of the documentation under with your schema will be visible in Dataedo repository.
Click Import to start the import.
When done close import window with Finish button.
Your database schema has been imported to new documentation in the repository.
Amazon Redshift support
Learn more about Amazon Redshift in Dataedo.